The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s new CSA guidelines and fast-paced changing regulatory environment make good driver behavior a cornerstone to the success of your trucking operations.
National Fleet Services will help ensure that you are putting the finest qualified drivers on the road with our customized driver application, hiring practices and driver qualification file management system.
Driver Hiring Practices
Every time you hire a driver, National Fleet Services will review the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) application customized for your business operations to ensure accuracy and compliance. We will complete for each driver a complete driver profile designed to meet and exceed the DOT and CSA mandated requirements.
- A criminal background check
- A three-year background and employment check
- A motor vehicle records check (MVR)
- A complete review of the drug and alcohol report
Driver Qualification File Management
We will maintain accurate driver files in our Driver Compliance Services (DCS), a Web accessible service application with 24/7 access to: employment application, employment verification, accident information, violations, commercial driver license, medical examiner’s report, medical exam certificate, road test certificate, MVR, driver annual review, federal drug testing custody & control form and substance abuse history.
- A web accessible service application to centralize your driver qualification file administration, ensuring your driver qualification files are standardized and meet or exceed the DOT specifications in Federal Motor Carrier Requirements (FMCSR) Part 391 – Qualification of Drivers
- A comprehensive audit of your driver qualification files to ensure DOT compliance with FMCSR Part 391 – Qualification of Drivers
- Management compliance reporting by location (division or branch) to help you in identifying potential driver compliance matters before they become an issue, which costs you profits