Drug and Alcohol Testing Consortium
Our Drug and Alcohol Testing Consortium is an inexpensive program that helps you manage the complex requirements of complying with federal or state random drug and alcohol testing regulations. We manage the Consortium program for you.
The Drug and Alcohol Testing Consortium program is designed for independent CDL operators with their own Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) authority, granted by the Department of Transportation (DOT), or a company with many more CDL drivers or covered employees. Our Consortium is fully in compliance with over 8,000 collection (testing) locations nationwide.
Our program administrators will consult with you on required Policy and Procedures and Supervisor Training.
Once enrolled in our Drug and Alcohol Testing Consortium, you can expect:
- Membership designed to meet annual licensing requirements and regulations;
- Compliance with the federal and state random drug and alcohol testing requirements;
- Over 8,000 collection (testing) locations all over the country;
- Membership letter providing proof of your annual membership;
- Laminated wallet membership card;
- Annual report of the Drug and Alcohol Testing Consortium detailing the testing ratios for drug testing and alcohol testing;
- Pre-employment, Post Accident, Reasonable Suspicion, Return to Duty, and Follow Up testing; and
- Ability to add or delete drivers at any time for any reason without penalty.
What is a Drug and Alcohol Testing Consortium?
A consortium is simply an association of independent businesses that belong to this group for a common purpose. In this case, the purpose is to provide a random drug and alcohol testing structure. This Consortium serves as a “Third Party Administrator (TPA)” for members like you. This is between government and your company, or you.
What happens once you join the Consortium program?
Once we receive your completed application, the Federal Custody and Control Form will be sent to you if require a pre-employment or initial Consortium drug test. This is the federally required form to authorize the drug test. After the specimen is collected at one of our collection sites, we will receive the results electronically within two days. Upon reviewing the results, we will issue your Certificate of Enrollment and laminated wallet membership card. This will indicate that you are in full compliance with government regulations regarding Random Drug and Alcohol testing.